Coronavirus Media Statement
Following the address by the President of the Republic of South Africa Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday evening, the Progressive Women’s Movement of South
Africa particularly the National Convenor Prof Hlengiwe Mkhize supports the
actions and measures that the President has taken to fight and minimize the
spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and declaring it a National Disaster.
Indeed, this Coronavirus is a serious threat not only to South Africa but globally as it causing serious damage to human lives.
As an organisation, we hope our people particularly women will take precautions to avoid being infected and spreading of the pandemic global outbreak of Coronavirus.
The following actions can be taken to prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid contact with sick people and large crowds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
Let us all ensure to play our role by practising these safety measures.
Prof Hlengiwe Mkhize
PWMSA National Convenor
Philile Nina Bongwe
+27 83 350 5329